Skip to content
- Expect a sore throat for the first few days to one week.
- Ensure you drink plenty of water. Avoid hot or spicy foods for the first 3 – 5 days.
- Please try to avoid coughing or clearing your throat as this can promote bleeding.
- If you experience bleeding, gargle with ice-cold water for a few minutes. If the bleeding is heavy, go to your nearest emergency department.
- If your throat swells and breathing becomes difficult, please phone the office or go to your nearest emergency department.
- A white or grey coloured membrane may form over the surgical site, this is normal and should disappear in 1 – 2 weeks. You may also experience a bad taste or smell in your mouth, this is also normal.
- Unless you have been advised by your GP, do not take Aspirin for two weeks following surgery as this can increase the possibility of bleeding.
- Take the medications prescribed. If you experience an upset stomach, diarrhoea or vomiting, please contact the office.
- You can return to work the day after surgery.
- You will have been given an appointment to see Prof. Friedland for a post-operative visit and review between 7-10 days after your surgery
- If you have any concerns, please do not hesitate to contact our office on 9300 9800.